Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Crayons, scratched knees, and eternal impacts.

Today I tied several tennis shoes, patched up several scratched knees on the playground (kisses and bandaids work wonders!), placed patty-cake, and cut lots of paper money for Math class, and tried to convince my darling kiddos from the Euro school that eating crayons is just not good for your health!










I got a sub-teaching job there and I'm loving it!! Its pretty much a dream job because they just call me up whenever a teacher can't go to school, so I just fill in with her assistant to the 2nd teacher (there are 2 per classroom). Since I am a sub-teacher, I really don't do anything other than take them from Spanish class, to recess, to lunch, to Math class, to computers, to painting, to daycare, etc. And I get paid for it!


I love to eavesdrop on the girls when they are playing together in little circles. Depending on what ages they are, their conversations on the playground vary... :)


Also when they call me up I can decide if I want/can/feel like going to work that day and then say yes or no. Its really great! Of course, I usually say yes (unless I'll be on a trip or something)! This is one of the most expensive schools here in Monterrey so everything is in English and these kids are wow--part of the small subculture, a bubble of people rolling in the dough of Mexico. (I've about decided Mexico is devided into a medium-sized high class, a small middle class, and a large low class population). I'm usually subbing for a teacher who has gone to Paris or NYC for the week. The cool thing is that everything in this school is done in English, so I get to speak English all day!


Allow me to introduce to you my favorites! (a.k.a. teacher's pets, JK, just some who have stole my heart!) I don't even remember their names (I think I have short term memory loss), since I get a different group of kids each time, I only remember the names of the kids of the kids I'm currently teaching!













They love making crazy faces for the camara!









This girl is one of the sweetest, nicest Pre-Kindergarteners I've ever met (it's scary)! She never does anything she isn't supposed to, she is always sweet and mannerly and obedient. She is never mean to the other kids no matter what they do to her. She never raises her voice, never spills food in recess, always finishes her projects on time, never complains about anything, is super laid back and flexible...she's an angel!

Now here is another one of my students, and this girl...she is the cutest thing in the whole world, just makes me want to hug her and kiss her and hold her! She is super inteligent (too smart for her britches), she is a leader (she always takes the initiative to get everyone riled up for the cause, BUT...she is so mischevious! SO mischevious! But because she is so cute, it so easy to overlook her naughtiness and just let it go! I would have a hard time parenting her! I love to watch her interact with the other kids--she is such a little adult, with a mind of her own!


Look at that little face!

Also when they call me up I can decide if I want/can/feel like going to work that day and then say yes or no. Its really great! Of course, I usually say yes (unless I'll be on a trip or something)! This is one of the most expensive schools here in Monterrey so everything is in English and these kids are wow--part of the small subculture, a bubble of people rolling in the dough of Mexico. (I've about decided Mexico is devided into a medium-sized high class, a small middle class, and a large low class population). I'm usually subbing for a teacher who has gone to Paris or NYC for the week.

The proud Miss Cristina

No comments: