Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I will boast in the Lord my God...

I'm sitting here at the Dallas airport waiting for my flight back to Mexico. (This is the layover from Kentucky). I'm watching people and just noticing the general despair on the faces of the people around me. The things they glory in. Men, their money, women, their material possessions. The problem is, I used to be the exact same way. My glory was in myself. My boast was in my things. Clothes, accessories, beauty, gain, popularity, reputation, position, posessions.

But the deeper I press into Jesus, teh more I savor His kindness and gentleness, the further I walk alonside Him, the more I realize that He is more worthy of my praise than Cosmo magazine, than clothes and accessories, than shoes and friends, than beauty and popularity, than music and reputation. he is FAR more worthy of my lifestyle worship and adoration, than all the beast this world has to offer.

How could I have ever boasted in the things I did before? God is patiently purifying my heart and sanctifying me. The song that will forever and all eternity be on my lips will be gratefulness for His faithfulness and mercy to me every day of my life. I have literally been singing all day long. In the airport and in the plane, humming a tune to precious Savior. There is a renewed joy that fills my soul, no plane cancelation or hours of airport bonding time can take away that joy. It just doesn't even matter anymore.

Spending this week at the New Attitude conference in Kentucky was the greatest investment of $$ and 4 days I could have ever made. I've come back so renewed and afresh in love with my Jesus, and with a new resolve to study His word and "esteem the words of his mouth, more than my necessary food" as Job said.

I'm going to set aside time every morning to read, deeply study, memorize, and meditate on God's Holy Word until it is emblazoned on my heart. Sealed in such a way that it will be my waking thought. My meditation all the day. My song in the night. My weapon in the fight. My refuge in sorrow. My wisdom in confusion. My delight. My joy. My Supreme Treasure. Thank you Jesus for reviving my heart. Thank you for saving me. Forgiving me. Answering my prayers. Healing my wounds; my sickness; my infirmities. Restoring my soul. Redeeming me. Justifying me. Sanctifying me. Seating me at your table. Trading my rags for royal robes. My filth for cleanness. My sorrow for gladness. Weakness for strength. Peace for turmoil. Hatred for love.

3 comments:

Mer said...

Cristina, that last paragraph was so powerful for me. Can I copy that and print a personal copy?

Kalani said...

Wow! I'm amazed I came across your blog! I've read the book you wrote and it has been a favorite and I have passed it on to others. One of my friends passed it on to her friend recently and she said how it impacted her so much that it kept her from making a wrong choice and is impacting her.
Thank you for writing the book! It is life changing (and funny too- e.g. the "dog" story) It's also very encouraging!
Again thank you! I (and others!) am so blessed by your taking the time to write the book!
May the Lord bless you with His incredible joy in a special way this week and forever!
A sister in Christ,
Kalani

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.